Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

Product attributes

Posted on by
Hi,

Can someone explain to me how product attributes works in D365? 
I want to configure attributes on released products, and search for different attributes to find the product. The released product should be able to have more than one attribute, an if an attribute is to be selected from a list, the list must consist of values that exclude the other values in the list. 
I also need to be able to export the attributes to send to suppliers so they can add to the information.

Example: a vine can have attributes such as organic, fair trade, red, white, etc..

• Suggested answer
    Kevin Xia Profile Picture
    Kevin Xia Microsoft Employee on at
    Product attributes
    Hi,
    Now that Andre has given the official documentation, I have found a blog for you that covers some knowledge of product properties and the steps on how to set them up: dynamics-tips.com.
    After you have read the information we have provided, if you have any follow-up questions, you are welcome to continue to discuss in this post.
    Best regards,
    Kevin
  • Suggested answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Product attributes
    Hi,
    Product attributes are key elements used to describe and define a product's features, specifications, or other related information. Product attributes involve the setting of attribute groups, attribute types, and attribute values. Most of your Product attribute modification will occur in Product information management setup. After you have a preliminary understanding of the product attributes, you can check following blogs to set it up step by step.
    https://gfeaxblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/28/o365-how-to-create-product-attributes-and-assign-to-the-product/
    https://dynamics-tips.com/enable-product-attributes-d365-finance-and-operations/
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Product attributes
    Hi Community user,

You started with a lot of questions. Have you already read the documentation and searched for blogs or videos? You can start reading the documentation: Manage attributes and attribute groups - Commerce | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn

If there are details unanswered after reading the documentation, please let us know.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans