Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Amending PO's once they have been posted

Posted on by 16
Hi, 

The warehouse team have posted inventory put away but we need to make amends to the PO - i.e. it has been raised in GBP, but we have been invoiced in EUR so we cannot post the invoice because they do not match. 
I have done some research and seen we need to be able to undo the put-away, to then undo warehouse receipt to amend the PO. However, we are getting errors when trying to delete the posted inventory put away. 

Does anyone know how we can amend a PO?

Thank you, 
Olivia 
  • Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 6,544 Super User on at
    In that case you can still continue with the invoice with a 0 cost. But instead of creating a credit memo to take the item out of inventory, create a 2nd invoice with an item charge with the item's cost, apply this item charge to the original purchase receipt. You can use the guide in this blog post - https://valentincastravet.com/how-to-credit-an-item-without-putting-it-back-in-inventory/

Essentially, the 1st invoice will have the item at a cost of 0. The 2nd invoice will have an item charge with the item's trust cost. The item charge will ensure the item's cost is correctly passed to the inventory subledger and to the sales document.

• OC-28061708-0 Profile Picture
    OC-28061708-0 16 on at
    Thank you. 

We have create an inventory pick against this item and posted it too so I am guessing that would pose more problems? Do you have any advice on this too please?
  • Suggested answer
    Ah yes if you have a bin you will not be able to delete the put-away.

At this point the easiest thing to do is to invoice the item at a cost of 0. Once you invoice it, you can use the Cancel/Create Corrective Credit Memo/Correct functions on the invoice to create a credit memo again at a cost of 0 to remove the item out of inventory. Once that's done you can create a new purchase order with the correct currency. 

• OC-28061708-0 Profile Picture
    OC-28061708-0 16 on at
    Hi Valentin, 

Thank you.
    When trying to delete the 'posted inventory putaway' I get this error message:

However, I cannot amend the 'bin mandatory' as I get this error message:

I am a little stuck.. any ideas please?

Thank you, 
    Olivia
  • Suggested answer
    You should be able to delete the warehouse put-away and then the warehouse receipt. After that you can undo the receipt on the purchase receipt. What error message do you get when you try to delete the put-away?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,480 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,450 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans