Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Missing NumerSeqModule enum value in lower layer after model import

Posted on by 10

I have 2 enum values in ISV layer and 4 in VAR layer. After importing a model to VAR layer one VAR value is gone (I imported with "overwrite" on conflict) and one ISV value is not showing in AOT but in comparison with ISV layer I can still see it. Compilation gives an error on the missing ISV value that I can still see during comparison. What am I doing wrong?

• Verified answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User on at
    RE: Missing NumerSeqModule enum value in lower layer after model import

The key question is granularity. Do I understand correctly that it was copied to a higher layer is the whole enum, not enum elements? I don't remember how it works in AX 2012; it's quite a few years.

If that's the case, you'll always see what you have in VAR layer, not the ISV layer (because the whole enum is overridden in VAR). If you want to import changes to both the ISV layer and the VAR layer, you can't simply import everything to VAR layer, because it doesn't meet your requirements. You need to import one model to the ISV layer, another to VAR layer and upgrade code in VAR layer (if needed) to merge changes in ISV layer with objects overridden in VAR layer.

• nmkloster Profile Picture
    nmkloster 10 on at

I have fixed the issue. The content of the VAR layer efter import was 3 of the previous VAR elements plus one element that is also present in ISV layer. I had forgotten that in reality only the topmost layer is show which will contain all lower layers. During the import only one ISV element was also contained in the imported model and the other was not.

But I'm unsure what the proper procedure is. If I have two models that each have a value added to some standard enum, then only one will be added after importing both models, right? If both are in the same layer then the last imported model will simply overwrite the previous addition. And if they are not in the same layer then the element in the bottom layer will be hidden. Is that correct? What should you do if you want to import both models?

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User on at

If I understand it correctly, you had four elements in VAR and then you overwrote with a model with an unknown content. What is the current content of the layer?

Aren't there any conflicting values? For instance, maybe an element was imported with the same value as the ISV element. I don't remember what exactly happened in AX 2012 when trying to import such a thing.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans