Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

BP install fails: company in System database do not meet requirements

Posted on by 145

I have installed SL2011FP1 and migrated and updated SL7 databases on a new sql server server 2008 R2. On a separate Windows 2008 R2 server I have installed Shaerpoint Foundation. When trying to install Business Portal, I recieve the following message:

One or more companies defined in the database (SLSYSTEM) on server (databaseserver) do not meet requirements. Each Company listed in the system database must have a corresponding company database. In addition the Microsoft Dynamics SL version must be 2011.

I have verified that each app database listed in the Domain table is upgraded to sl2011. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

George K

• Philippe Boulos Profile Picture
    Philippe Boulos 330 on at
    RE: BP install fails: company in System database do not meet requirements

Jenni,

I still have not gotten answer from Blaine on this one yet.  Did you look at your other S4future fields (GLSETUP or COMPANY) to see if there was anything else different?  Did you try a trace on it?  Looking for anything you can provide to help.  Promise to do likewise.

Philippe

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Blaine.

Do you have any other suggestions?  I confirmed the S4future01 is set to 8.0 in all the application databases.  And all of the companies in the company table have a current datbase and are being used.

Thanks!

• Philippe Boulos Profile Picture
    Philippe Boulos 330 on at

Blaine,

Did you ever get an answer?  I have the same issue and I do not see anything wrong yet (and it is probably staring me in the face).

Thanks,

Philippe

• RE: BP install fails: company in System database do not meet requirements

George,

Try doing a Start|Run and type: %temp% look for mbf1.2install.log and  BPSQL.log. Also you should see a BusinessPortal folder -- it will have MBFpackager logs-- look at these if there was a packager failure- usually the error will tell you this.

• George Kraynak Profile Picture
    George Kraynak 145 on at

Hi Blaine,

There are only the 3 active companies in that table. Each of these companies are upgraded to SL2011 and running fine in SL2011.

What other ideas do you have? Is there a log with more details than the vague message?

George Kraynak

KDSA Consulting

978-701-6843

gkraynak@kdsaconsulting.com

www.kdsaconsulting.com

• RE: BP install fails: company in System database do not meet requirements

George,

Open SQL Management Studio and enter the following Query against the system database:

Select CpnyName, DatabaseName, * from Company

If there is a company name in there that is old, unused, or is not associated with an Application DB run the following, change company_name to the name of the bad company:

Delete From Company Where CpnyName = 'company_name'

Let me know how this goes.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans