Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

Payroll time as hours and minutes

Posted on by Microsoft Employee
As long as I’ve been doing payroll we have been entering payroll hours based on ¼ hour increments.  However, we would like payroll to be entered as hours and minutes now. 

Example someone who has worked 2 hours and 14 minutes currently I would enter them into the system for 2.25 hours:

$8/hr * 2.25 hrs = $18

However, if we wanted to pay them by the minute how would I enter that?  It wouldn’t be 2.14, that would only come out to $17.12, which if you are paying by the minute $8 divided by 60 minutes would equal 0.1333333 per minute therefore 2.14 would be 2*8 + 0.1333333 * 14 which would equal 17.87.  Is there a way to do this in DynGP2010 or 2013?
  • Suggested answer
    Joshua Page Profile Picture
    Joshua Page on at
    RE: Payroll time as hours and minutes

Hello!

By default GP is setup to enter payroll transactions as "unit. fraction of unit" so I don't think there is a way to do this out of the box with GP however I will do some digging to see if theres any way at all this can be done.

I tested with a pay type of other however as you pointed out 8/60 creates a value of .1333 repeating so even by using a paytype of other (with the pay code denoting minutes worked) it doesn't work out the same as using hours and fractions of hours.

Joshua

• Almas Mahfooz Profile Picture
    Almas Mahfooz 10,967 User Group Leader on at
    RE: Payroll time as hours and minutes

The way is through 'Customization'.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,860 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,398 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans