Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Commerce forum / Configuring a Gift wit...
Commerce forum
Unanswered

Configuring a Gift with Purchase

Posted on by 19
We are trying to offer a Spend $50 , get a product for $10. We are currently setting this up as a Simple Discount, which is working functionality wise but not an ideal set up when a Threshold Discount should be the correct set up. Following this recommendation from Microsoft, we have set up a Threshold discount to test this set up: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/commerce/gift-with-purchase

Below are screenshots of how we set up the discount. We included our hierarchy of products as products eligible to hit the threshold, then in the /Threshold Discount Lines/ included the two products eligible for the offer. Please help! Thanks!
  • mclutinger Profile Picture
    mclutinger 19 on at
    @AndreasSt  Trying that setup it still does not work. 

@gtipler we are currently having to have to set this up as a simple discount with the item at $10 in the offer with a code. Our store associates are having to watch the transactions to hit the threshold. How I was taught, that was the way to handle this type of promotion which with this functionality is not the correct way. 

When I run the offer through price simulator, it does not show up as an offer that is valid. 
  • Alex Hart Profile Picture
    Alex Hart 22 on at
    Hey there! It looks like you're on the right track with the Threshold Discount setup. Make sure the products are correctly categorized and check the conditions – it should work smoothly. Good luck!
  • gtipler Profile Picture
    gtipler 24 on at
    Hello,

in your question you haven't specified the problem that you are having with your discount configuration. Please could you elaborate on what isn't working. Thank you.
  • AndreasSt Profile Picture
    AndreasSt 36 on at
    If the offer requirement is "Spend $50 , get a product for $10", then why are you not setting a Unit price as Discount method on the Threshold discount lines?

My setup:

My result in price simulator:

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans