Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Same price list multiple Business Units - is it possible?

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi CRM Pros!

Please help me understand Price List and Business Unit relationship. 

I have several BUs in my org and also several price lists. We need to have the same Price List for several Business Units. CRM only allows adding one BU to a price list. 

I simply can't comprehend why is there such limitation. And - if there is a way to make the same price list available for several BUs? 

Seems that it should be doable. 

Of course, the obvious solution is to create separate price lists for each BU but it seems to be unnecessary extra work and maintenance.

Thanks in advance for any comments and ideas as I'm really stuck here!

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Same price list multiple Business Units - is it possible?

Andrii, thanks for your previous replies, they were educating and useful for me!

Now maybe you could give me another bit of advice how to approach the following.

The structure I have in CRM is the following:

* several Business Units in different countries with different Currencies (USD, EUR etc.)

* for the Business Unit to create an Opportunity, the appropriate Price List has to be selected - according to the currency of the deal

* the prices (both purchase and sales) are always negotiated, i.e. the Product Catalog and Price Lists in my case serve only as lists of Products, and we keep the prices in the Price Lists as "0.00" in whatever currency as the price in the price as such in that stage is not important

* every Business Unit is basically selling the same products.

As it is required in CRM to have a price list for Opportunities, Orders, I seemingly have no choice but to create separate Price List for every Currency. All the Price Lists include the same Price List Items with zero prices.

Products are often added to the Catalog which means that Price List Item has to be added to every Price List.

------

What I'd like to somehow achieve is when a new Product is added to the Catalog, then Price List Items are added to all Price Lists so that the Product becomes available to all Business Units.

Otherwise what often happens is that if a sales person can't find the Product in their Price List, they start creating a new Product, CRM figures out that this product already exists (Product ID) (because some other Business Unit has added this product already), then the sales person has to go and add that Product as a Price List Item.

All of this is logical and understandable from the CRM point of view but takes extra time from the precious hours of sales persons.

I hope I explained understandably. Would you have some idea how to approach this and improve (automatize?) adding the Price List Items to all price lists? Or a set of chosen Price Lists?

Thanks in advance!

• Suggested answer
    a33ik Profile Picture
    a33ik 84,313 Super User on at

Pricelists are available globally without any dependency on user/business unit/currency e.t.c.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Thanks Andrii, appreciate your time and answer, I understand now.

Second question on the topic - will pricelists be available to all units irrespective of currencies? For example if the business unit has USD as currency but the price list is in EUR, will the BU be able to see it?

At the moment the situation I have is that a Business Unit user doesn't see some price lists and I'm trying to sort out why.

Thanks again!

• Verified answer
    a33ik Profile Picture
    a33ik 84,313 Super User on at

Hello,

Price List is organization owned entity and this means that it doesn't have a dependency on Business Unit (even that field is added to entity for some reason).  All price lists will be available across all organization.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans