Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Commerce forum
Answered

Scan Loyalty Card

Posted on by

Hi, 

I would like to restrict that loyalty cards can only be added to a transaction by being scanned. No manual input is allowed as the requirement is that the customer needs to have the card with them for it to be used. This requirement would be when the POS operation "Add loyalty card" on the transaction screen is selected. 

I have indicated on the card setup that manual entry of the card is not allowed, however, I am still able to enter the card number. 

5707.pastedimage1578461632387v2.png 

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Oksana Kovaliova Profile Picture
    Oksana Kovaliova 3,586 on at
    RE: Scan Loyalty Card

Hi Lauren, I think the main difficulty to allow card via scan only is: for POS scan and card entry via keyboard are the same event, there is no difference (because loyalty scan works similar to product scan/customer ID scan/discount coupon scan).

What barcode scanner type do you have?

1) Is it OPOS or just a keyboard emulator? If your scanner is OPOS, then via Extension can be theoretically possible to distinguish scan and keyboard entry...

2) if your scanner acts as keyboard emulator - then how POS can distinguish scanner and keyboard? Both devices act as keyboard.

POS extension can be done the following way

1) Forbid scanning loyalty card at all in POS

2) Developers will create new operation and dialog 'Scan loyalty card' - this dialog will not have any input fields, but will be listening to 'on barcode read' event - without input fields manual entry is impossible, only data received from scanner will be put into dialog and when data is received - execute operation 'add loyalty card'

• Suggested answer
    Xusheng Profile Picture
    Xusheng on at
    RE: Scan Loyalty Card

I get the some result at my ENV even through hide the card input details in POS.

3666.pastedimage1578476975813v1.png

It looks this is standard behavior, I suggest you lot a new SR to double confirm with Retail support team. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans