Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

Annata ISV BI Analytics

Posted on by 7

Hi all.

We have an issue with our ISV's BI Dataset not refreshing (erroring) and we're struggling to get a response from both our D365 FinOps implementation partner or Annata on what this issue is and how to resolve.

It can't be rocket science, so hopefully looking for some expertise for Forum members on how to get this issue resolved.

The Entity store solution is ABIDevicePerformanceAndProfit, and the error we are getting each day is /Data populate failed for ABIDevicePerformanceAndProfit./, followed by /Exceeded maximum retries for table population task/  No other log details are in the batch job that runs the refresh that I can find.

We've also tried a refresh with no success.

Is there any additional logging I can turn on or look at to get to to get more details, or if anyone has some instructions I can give to our D365 FinOps implementation partner to action on our behalf to resolve that would be perfect.

Cheers
Phil

• Annata ISV BI Analytics

Update 

Some good news is that both Microsoft and Annata are now looking into this issue for us.  So hopefully we'll have a solution for this issue that we can share with the community of anyone else with the same or similar issue.

While we've been waiting for MS and Annata to get back to us we completed some internal testing in our other FinOps environments and believe we isolated this BI Entity store refresh failure to coincide with version update by Annata.

Our own testing with Annata versions are:
    • 10.0.2953.0  Successfully updates. (our PROD -1 environment) 
    • 10.0.3155.31 Errors (our current PROD and UAT version) 
    • 10.0.3155.32 Errors  (our latest upgraded test environment)

If anyone has this BI entity store successfully updating on versions after 10.0.2953.0  can you please let me know as I'd be keen to understand what settings or differences you may have so I can debug further and this information may also assist MS or Annata with their own investigations into the cause.

Kind regards
    Phil.
  • Annata ISV BI Analytics
    Thanks Andre

Microsoft suggested the refresh option (which didn't work), and the ticket is still outstanding with our implementation partner who is our contact point with Microsoft.

I'll ask our implementation partner if they can look into the LCS logs and see if there is anything to help identify the issue.

Regards
    Phil.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,652 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Annata ISV BI Analytics
    Hi Phil,

I haven't seen this error before. Are you struggling for getting an answer or is the partner or Annata struggling to find the culprit? You can check if you can find more information via LCS environment monitoring, You can then check some Raw logs for possible more details.
    You can also consider creating a ticket for Microsoft Support as they might be able to look into more details as well.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,652 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,930 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans