Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

API to get Applied Vendor Entries

Posted on by 5

Hi,

I am new to business central and I trying to get data from Business Central office 365 to store in our local db. I used API end points provided in the Web Services in business central. I want to get the Applied Vendor Entries and I see there is a web service for that but it does not return anything.

Here is a simple scenario, suppose I had an invoice posted from a purchase journal, and then I created a payment for that invoice using the payment journal.

In the Vendor Ledger Page page, I'll have a minimum of two entries, one for payment and the other for invoice.

When I look at the payment's applied entries, I'll see the invoice, and vice versa. (In other words, I'll discover the payment as the invoice's applied entries). 

I contacted Microsoft support and they said I will have to create OData unbound action and the idea is to call a function in the codeunit with an API call by publishing the codeunit as a webservice and call it with a SOAP web service call. They also suggested to ask in this community so that's why I here

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you

pastedimage1631816677551v3.png

pastedimage1631815949965v1.png   pastedimage1631816013683v2.png

• API to get Applied Vendor Entries
    Hi friend,

have you got it working? I have the same issue, I need to export the posted checks/payments along with the applied invoices, however, the "Applied Vendor Entries" odata API returns nothing.

I am not familiar about the customization of BC with code. hope you have found another solution.
  • Suggested answer
    JAngle Profile Picture
    JAngle 33,139 on at
    RE: API to get Applied Vendor Entries

This blog outlines how you could approach doing this: www.kauffmann.nl/.../

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans