Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

Automatically Offset Field values on Sales Orders

Posted on by 101
I have received a request to offset three different fields on a Sales Order by default and I was wondering if there is an Administration setting page or possibly elsewhere like where on a Customer Card that I can go to do this on and what it is called if there is such a page.

The fields are:
  • Shipment Date - This is an item line field on the Sales Order.
  • Requested Delivery Date - This is a header field on the Sales Order.
  • Planned Delivery Date - This is an item line field on the Sales Order.
My intention was to apply Today's date + 3 days on them after I select a customer on a new Sales Order. I would like to avoid having to enter the values manually each and every single time I create a new Sales Order in Business Central.

My troubleshooting so far:
  • On the Customer Card, I went to the Shipping section and added the code 3D on the Shipping Time field. Result: I see Shipping Time 3D on the sales order but it did not offset the 3 fields when expected to.
  • I saw the Order Promising Lines window but I don't quite understand how to use this properly.
My understanding was that when a requested delivery date is set, the planned shipment date is calculated by subtracting the shipping time off of it. And when outbound whse. handling time is subtracted from a planned shipment date, the shipment date is calculated too. I am unsure if this is something that is configurable or predefined and unable to be changed.

Your help is much well appreciated.
Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Ben Baxter Profile Picture
    Ben Baxter 4,598 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Automatically Offset Field values on Sales Orders
    On your Location card (or Inventory Setup if no Location card), set the Outbound Handling Time to 3D.  This will push your "Planned Shipment Date" into the future (note this does not change the Shipment Date field).  The Shipping Time is added to the Planned Shipment Date to calculate the Planned Delivery Date.

As you mentioned, if you set a Requested Delivery Date in the header, the Shipment Date will be backward calculated based on the other fields (Shipping Time and Outbound Warehousing Time).

Other than these fields, there are no settings that will offset the dates on an Order.

Best Regards,
    Ben Baxter
    Accent Software, Inc

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,570 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,683 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans