Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Email Editor No Longer Opening in Create Interaction, despite Wizard Action set to Open

Posted on by 87
Hi everyone,

The email editor in BC Cloud 24.2.20227.20460 has stopped opening when using the Create Interaction feature, despite Wizard Action being set to Open.

To replicate, just create an interaction for a contact (either from contact card or opportunity), and use an interaction template that has Wizard Action set to "Open". Previously, this used to open the email editor prior to sending the email, which I believe is the point of having Open as an option; but now, it just skips that and sends the email instantly... 

Is anyone else experiencing this - because of the updates perhaps - or am I the only one?

We would use the Send Email function instead—however, the standard Word templates using other entities (Contact, Customer, etc) do not offer current user as a data source, whereas with Interactions we can use the User related entity of the Interaction Merge Data source entity, making Send Email not ideal, among other reasons.

Appreciate any suggestions!
  • YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 63,857 Super User on at
    Email Editor No Longer Opening in Create Interaction, despite Wizard Action set to Open
    Hi, If you mean the function below, I don't recall it being updated recently. If you could provide a screenshot of what's missing, that should be helpful.

Thanks.
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans