Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Without minus (-) the system take it as a minus and deduct from stock the given quantity in movement journal

Posted on by 2,988

HI Experts,

I have a requirement , my company want when our user enter quantity in minus  in movement journal the user don't  give minus sign(-) it will consider it minus for example quantity enter only 50 the system consider it (-50) . There is any logic please suggest. 

Best Regards,

Shabir Ahmad

• Suggested answer
    Andre Ghazaleh Profile Picture
    Andre Ghazaleh 870 on at
    RE: Without minus (-) the system take it as a minus and deduct from stock the given quantity in movement journal

Yes you can achieve this by code modification to always make the entered quantity negative.

• Shabir Ahmad Profile Picture
    Shabir Ahmad 2,988 on at
    RE: Without minus (-) the system take it as a minus and deduct from stock the given quantity in movement journal

Hi Andre Ghazaleh ,

The same functionality, which i want is picking list against production order or batch order, in the picking list any given quantity is taken as a deduction from the current inventory the same i want.

Best Regards,

Shabir Ahmad

• Suggested answer
    Andre Ghazaleh Profile Picture
    Andre Ghazaleh 870 on at

Hi Shabir,

You don't need movement journal to make plus movements?

You can achieve your requirement by code modification, when you modify the form, you can either always make the quantity negative and then you cannot use the movement journal to make plus movement ( you can use Inventory Adjustment form instead for Plus movements), or you can create a toggle radio button to allow the user to override this default behavior if needed.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans