Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

Error occurred while loading or initializing an addin

Posted on by 3,904 Super User 2024 Season 2

I jsut did a fresh install of SQL2012 and GP2013 on my laptop.  I get this error when trying to login to GP.  Reviewing the Windows Event Log, I see this message detail:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Microsoft Dexterity cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

An exception occurred while trying to load or initialize the addin located at Rtc.

Exception Details:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'CommunicatorAPI.MessengerClass' to interface type 'CommunicatorAPI.IMessenger3'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{D50C3386-0F89-48F8-B204-3604629DEE10}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)

at CommunicatorAPI.MessengerClass.get_MyStatus()

at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Rtc.GPAddInUC.activateCommunicator()

at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Rtc.GPAddInUC.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Rtc.GPAddIn.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Dexterity.Bridge.AddinManager.LoadAddin(String name, Type type)

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Any ideas how I resolve this?  I tried uninstalling and re-installing both SQL and GP, but that didn't resolve it.

Thanks,

• Error occurred while loading or initializing an addin
    In my case I've repair it by reinstalling Microsoft_Dexterity18_SharedComponents_x64_en-us.msi located in the installation media (\redist\DexteritySharedComponents).
  • RE: Error occurred while loading or initializing an addin

Great, happy to hear the issue has been resolved.

Have a great day.

Thanks Derrick for taking the time to respond. .

This is GP 2013 upgrade to GP 2013R2. Apparently the client gave me a mismatched database to GP folder.

I installed SLB for 2013R2 and still got the error.

So I removed the excel builder references from the GP Add in folder and then manually added SLB through add remove programs for GP.

This worked and I can now proceed with my upgrade to 2016R2.

Thanks Derrick for taking the time to respond. .

This is GP 2013 upgrade to GP 2013R2. Apparently the client gave me a mismatched database to GP folder.

I installed SLB for 2013R2 and still got the error.

So I removed the excel builder references from the GP Add in folder and then manually added SLB through add remove programs for GP.

This worked and I can now proceed with my upgrade to 2016R2.

If you're getting an Addin error with Dynamics GP, it's almost easier to reinstall the application anew, as it means that a product was installed at one point but not uninstalled properly, thus there are remnants still remaining that are causing the error.

SmartList Builder is an example, when we still had it for Microsoft, before it went to eOne fully, if it was installed and even uninstalled through Add/Remove Features, it still left remnants causing this type of error message.

Unfortunately, we don't have a list of all products and features and their corresponding addins.

I've tried to determine it before and gave up after so long of testing.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Can you help me? I have the same issue but I cannot access the eone site. Seems like the page doesn't exist anymore.

Can someone tell me what they did to resolve?

Thanks so much for the information saved my night.  Frank you and I met in St Louis same hotel and MVP dinner.  What I did was remove the dll which didn't fix my issue, but removing the dll and repairing worked for my GP2013 R2 Year End Update install.  So incase anyone runs into this with a year end update this is how it was resolved for me.

Again thank you and see you in Reno hopefully.

Tanya

• Alison Guimond Profile Picture
    Alison Guimond 10 on at
    RE: Error occurred while loading or initializing an addin

I was running into the ExcelBuilder error message after uninstall SLB.  Thanks Joel for pointing to the eone forum entry.  That did the trick!

• realjv3 Profile Picture
    realjv3 15 on at

I ran into this error after installing and then uninstalling HR feature.

Repair installation and running Dynamics GP utilities didn't fix

To fix I restored c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\ folder from backup and deleted user profile folder from c:\users and rebooted.

• Syrus Profile Picture
    Syrus 4,156 on at

That is probably the solution as I had to involve our Partner and he ran all these steps for us and made it work.

Thanks for the follow up.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans