Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Extension of AOT Query
Finance forum
Unanswered

Extension of AOT Query

Posted on by 5

Hello everyone
Is it possible to create an extension for AOT Query?
At the outset, I would like to point out that I am new to Dynamics 365, previously I had no problems with the code of AX 2012 and earlier versions.
In Dynamics 365 I have XDS and I would like to disable XDS for eg HcmWorkerListPage_PastWorkers, I don't know if it is possible, and if it is, how should I do it?

• Modrzycki Profile Picture
    Modrzycki 5 on at
    RE: Extension of AOT Query

No! These aren't many questions, just one!

I have XDS that runs on the HcmWorker table, limiting data access by employee position to the department where he was hired.

We also have workers who have been made redundant, they don't have a department because they don't have a position. Or employees who have not been assigned a position.

An example would be Query HcmWorkerListPage_PastWorkers, this query was built in AOT and is called from menuitem.

In 2012, I would have walked it differently, but these is my first steps in Dynamics 365, so I have no idea what to do to make the user see such an old employee without an assigned department.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at
    RE: Extension of AOT Query

Hi Modrzycki,

It looks like you have multiple questions. Please create a post per question in future.

1) There are options for query extensions. You can add fields, ranges, datasources.

2) Can you tell more about the XDS policy you are using on the HcmWorkerLstPage_PastWorkers? Are you using a default one or is it part of a customization? In fact an XDS policy is not for a specific form, but is constraining data for tables and views.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans