Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

How do I create the second prepayment invoice for a purchase order?

Posted on by

Hello,

We have a purchase order where we need to make three prepayments to our vendor. We are planning to utilize the "PO prepayment" feature. I reviewed the Microsoft documentation, and it indicates that we should be able to update the "prepaid amount." However, after posting the first prepayment (which was 30%), we cannot post the second prepayment. The error we are receiving is:

" Prepayment % must be 30 when the Prepayment Invoice has already been posted in Purchase Line Document Type='Order',Document No.='PO-101383',Line No.='10000'."

Thank you 
  • How do I create the second prepayment invoice for a purchase order?
    This is exactly how I`ve processed it .. unfortunately the error is still there when I try to post the second prepayment for PO. I am wandering if it maybe some additional step I am missing .. 
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,325 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi, hope the following helps.
    Multiple Prepayments to a vendor for a single PO:

Thanks.
    ZHU
  • How do I create the second prepayment invoice for a purchase order?
    Dear Sami 
    Yes we followed the exactly process, but the problem that after we posted prepayment (which was 30%) system doesn`t allow us to post additional prepayment invoice to the same PO. It actually limit the total allowed prepayment to the % that we originally had in our initial prepayment. 
  • Sami Ullah Profile Picture
    Sami Ullah 66 on at
    Hi,
    The error message says the system is expecting the prepayment percentage to be 30%, but it looks like a prepayment invoice has already been posted for the purchase order (Document No. PO-101383, Line No. 10000).

You can verify the customization of prepayments of item by following this blog:( Set Up Prepayments in Business Central).

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,480 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,388 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates