Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Multiple default SharePoint sites

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup CRM to have multiple SharePoint default sites?  I read an article that indicated that you could setup multiple sites and the business unit of the owner of the site would determine which site was defaulted when a user went to Documents for the first time on a record.  For example, Site A would be the default site for User A and Site B would be the default site for user B.  Has anyone ever seen this work?

• Orzelct Profile Picture
    Orzelct on at
    RE: Multiple default SharePoint sites

Thanks Scott Durow 
    Finally, it's working but only with the background workflow  ( with the real time workflow i have the same error message): 
    But now i have 2 questions:
    - When I create a record and I “save”  for the first time i cannot go directly ahead in Document to add a doc in the Sharepoint. If I do that, I will be invited to create the folder in the default site (site/crm). Normal?
    -When I click to "Document" in the area after 4-5 sec of the first save i have not the same page like for the default site adding. 

CaptureEditLocation.PNG
    "The folder can not be found. If you changed the automatically generated folder name for this document location directly in SharePoint, you must change the folder name in CRM to match the renamed folder. To do this, select Edit Location and type the matching name in the Folder Name field". 

After when i click to Edit Location, i have this window. CaptureEditLocation.PNG
    And it's impossible to save directly,
    I have to add and delette a space for example in the "folder Name" to enable the button save. 
    After, when i click on save i have the window create Folder:
    CapturecreateFolder.PNG

This is possible to have the last window "Create Folder" directly in my folder without using the "Edit Location"? 

Orzelct on at

I enabled Document Managment with using a default site.

Now, I created the document library "candidate" and i have still the same problem.

I have this message only with real-time workflow. In the background i have no message but it's not working...

• ScottDurow Profile Picture
    ScottDurow 50,166 on at

This is most likely because you don't have a document library and root folder defined for the Candidate entity - have you enabled Document Management for this entity?

Orzelct on at

Hello,

Scott Durow,
    I'm using dynamics crm online and I would like to have a default site for the entity "A", "B" And "C" and another site (specific site) for entity "D"(custom entity: Candidate). For this i use the custom workflow from Scott Durow.

First i added entity A B and C in the Document Managment Settings (without entity D) and i specified the default site (sites/crm).
    After i created an other Site ( sites/hrDev)
    Secondly i created a workflow for the entity "D" with trigger: when record is created and i specified the paramaters:

Captureerror.PNG

The problem: when i created a new entity D and when i click on save.

Captureerror.PNG

System.net.webException: The remote server returned an error: 411 Length Required.
    Do you have any idea how to resolve this problem?

• Suggested answer
    ScottDurow Profile Picture
    ScottDurow 50,166 on at

Hi,

You cannot using the out of the box folder creation for this - you need to write a workflow to create a document location in the sharepoint site for the specific group of users - I did a blog post series on how to do this a while back - see develop1.net/.../SharePoint-Integration-Reloaded-e28093-Part-3.aspx

You will need some development experience.

I hope this helps you!

Scott

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Thanks Andres.  We have two sites setup and the users are able to manually select either site.  However, we wanted to be able to have one site default for a specific group of users and have a different site default for another group of users.

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Erica Ellis,

My name is Andres Guzman, I'm glad to help you

Some of the think that I could see in this kind of configurations is, that you can change your default site or your path for your folder to store more files for each record in CRM Online.

Then, this first part to use multiple sites from SharePoint is possible with CRM Online. Now, to user the two options at the same time, like "default" sites, I think this is not possible.

You only need to follow the procedure to configure the options in the integrations between SP and CRM

I hope this info can help you

Regards,

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans