Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

Audit CRUD functionality

Posted on by 40

Hi all,

I need to audit CRUD in Dynamics. If a customer comes to us and ask us if anyone have seen or worked (updated, created, deleted information) with their information, I need to be able to tell them. I need to be able to, for example from a contact or account, extract information about if someone have been Created, Read, Updated or Deleted information regarding that account or that customer.

What´s the best approach here? Third party? API to extract data from Compliance center? Something else? This must have been done before ;)

Kind regards

Martin

• Suggested answer
    PerezAguiar Profile Picture
    PerezAguiar on at
    RE: Audit CRUD functionality

Hey Martin.

On this post https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/microsoft-dynamics-crm-forum/402019/audit-data-export Audit Export from XrmToolbox is shown, as well as the Compliance center.  IN Find the right app | Microsoft AppSource, if you search for "Audit" and filter by Dynamics 365 CRM products, there are several other offers from MindTree and Zap Objects

In all cases, they will require that you enable auditing on the environment and verify the tables/objects being audited.

Regards

• Martin Andersson Profile Picture
    Martin Andersson 40 on at

Hi Daniel,

I have done what Nya posted and tried Compliance Center, but its search is very limited.

Do you have any examples of third party tools? The link is also very interesting, but using database instead of Excel :)

• Suggested answer
    PerezAguiar Profile Picture
    PerezAguiar on at

Hey Martin.

The first thing to get this data is what Nya has posted: you need to enable auditing on the entities that are part of your requirement.  Without this, information is not going to be stored.

Once this is done, there are several ways you can check the auditing data:

a. You can always use third party tools.

b. You can use the Compliance Center data, as indicated on docs.microsoft.com/.../enable-use-comprehensive-auditing

c. You can grab the data from Compliance Center, export it to excel and use PowerBI.  There's a nice example on mscrmonline.wordpress.com/.../

Best regards,

• Martin Andersson Profile Picture
    Martin Andersson 40 on at

Hi,

I have. I might be wrong, but I cant see any possibility to achieve the functionality described in my question.

• Suggested answer
    Nya Profile Picture
    Nya 29,050 on at

Hi Martin,

Please refer to the following documentation.

Audit data and user activity for security and compliance - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans