Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Data Management Batch ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Data Management Batch import Error

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 145
The goal: To import user security via Data entities, using  a batch job
The problem: I continue to receive an error with each attempt(when scheduled)
The process:
1) On my /Source/ D365 system:  create a Data Entity User security export (.ZIP file)  Consisting of 1 Duty, 1 Privilege, 1 reference(Display)
2) On the target D365 system: set up an IMPORT project using security entities, e.g. /Security duty metadata customizations entity/
3) On the IMPORT 'Selected entities' tab, browse for my .ZIP file & set it to import
4) Go to Options//Import options and choose /import as batch/
5) Set recurrence schedule e.g. 5 minutes out  ish
6) Go to the Batch job, and do /Create a custom alert/ and set up to e-mail my work e-mail account (Docentric) (test e-mail sends fine)
7)  When the scheduled time comes around, the batch job DOES run... however it's posting this message every time(in Batch job History//Log):

Server version:

I cannot find why this occurs..

Thoughts?

Thanks much,
Rich

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User on at
    You configured an import to run every five minutes and you uploaded the file to import. Now the same file is being imported every five minutes. When the file expires, the import starts failing with the error you're getting (The file with id xxx has expired...).

Are you sure you want to keep importing the same file?
  • Suggested answer
    Navneeth Nagrajan Profile Picture
    Navneeth Nagrajan 1,225 on at
    Hi,

To import the user security roles first you need to get the data in a .csv,.xls or .xml file format preferably.

Suggestion:
    1. Data Management Import:
    Easier to export the data from D365 through the same data entity in D365 and use that as a template to import the data with the same schema.

2. Recurring Integrations:
    If you are using Recurring integrations then in this case, it looks the Azure app registration that registers the application id for data management import in D365 FO has a secret key associated with it and it looks like this secret key has expired.

A few questions:
    1. Are using data packages to import data into the security related entities? If yes, then would recommend you not to make any schema level changes inside the files used to import data.

Happy to answer questions, if any.

• Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Can you remove an entity from a data project and re-add it? The error you received indicates a problem with the data item. 
    Best Regards,
    Hana

• Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User on at
    Hi Rich,

You mentioned that you exported a ZIP-file. I do assume this is a data package file format? What is the file format of the individual entities within this package?
    Did you modify the data package before import or did you import this file exactly as got exported?
    Do you have the same issue when you import the package directly, without using the batch framework?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans