Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Intercompany trade and non-trade

Posted on by 271
Hi all,

It may have been discussed before and if so, please share the forum link.
Probably 3 years ago in BC online, where "Intercompany Code" was still on a standalone table or on company information, there was at least a workaround to toggle this.
"T" refers to trade while "NT" refers to non-trade.
  • Sending company (toggle from "T" to "NT") just before the user manually clicks on send at outbox level
  • Receiving company (because of that toggled change in setup "NT" in sending company), this will create an inbox with "NT" vendor
  • Receiving company can then create a "NT" purchase invoice from that inbox
With the recent update to intercompany setup and partners, I am unable to execute this workaround anymore.
Can anyone share some workaround to handle different types of transactions between intercompany (2 types - trade and non-trade) as clients have vendors/customers segregated into each type.

If there is no segregation, it is a breeze I agree and understand. Or is there any better suggestion on how to handle such situation using the enhanced intercompany features?
  • Suggested answer
    Yi Yong Profile Picture
    Yi Yong 259 on at
    Hello Jason,

DEMO 1 = Sending company
    DEMO 2 = Receiving company

The below workaround is not recommended if you have many intercompany transactions unless you can customize the changing of sending company intercompany code (Step#1).

1. Before running 'Send IC Sales Order' from the sending company, you will need to change the 'Intercompany Code' to the correct setup based on Receiving company's intercompany partners.
    2. Below is my Sending company Intercompany Setup, so if this sales order is T related, then i will rename as 'DEMO_1_T'.
    3. In your 'Receiving Company' intercompany Setup, you will have the respective T and NT.

Below is the result from the Receiving Company's intercompany inbox with TWO different vendor no. based on the T and NT relationship.

If you looked at Step#3 Receving Company' Intercompany Setup. You can see that NT will be Vendor: V00020 and T = Vendor: V00010.
  • YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 63,992 Super User on at
    I'm sorry, maybe I'm not familiar with the Intercompany function. I haven't seen this function in BC ("T" to "NT"). It seems to be available in AX.
    It would be helpful if you could provide screenshots from previous BCs.

Hopefully other experts can give you better advice.
    Thanks
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans