Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

How to Add the Task Entity to the Set Regarding Lookup Record Type in Dynamics 365 Outlook App

Posted on by 7
For Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, I'm trying to add the Task Entity as an available record type in the "Set Regarding" lookup field. The Task Entity is already added to the app, but I don't see it as an available record type in the "Set Regarding" lookup. How can I accomplish this, or is it even possible?

• Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    How to Add the Task Entity to the Set Regarding Lookup Record Type in Dynamics 365 Outlook App
    Hi,
    Currently the Microsoft documentation does not explain why Activity entities are not allowed to enable the 'Activities+' attribute.
    If you want to associate one activity to another, you could create an relationship manually.
    But it will create one specific lookup field, can't change regarding field.
  • Gabriel Ramiro Profile Picture
    Gabriel Ramiro 7 on at
    Hi Leah,

Thank you so much for clarifying this topic for me! I was just wondering if you knew the reason why we can't associate Activities with other Activities.
  • Verified answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    One of the most critical points is that you need to enable activities property for this entity:
    But if the Task you're using is an OOB entity, it's type is 'Activity '
    It can't be enable this property(the checkbox is grey-out), which is by-design.
    So we can't Add Task(Activity entity)  to the Set Regarding Lookup Record Type.

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it answer your question! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans