Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Sales Tax Calculation by Ship To Address

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 245

My client adds Sales Tax to their invoices based on the location of the store - currently we built out the tax rate based on the location number.   We purchased Avalara and now we need to have an actual Ship To Address for them to calculate the tax on - meaning the Ship To Address is the address of the Store - our Store...   My question, is there a way to have some kind of a trigger, or proceedure that automatically adds the store address as a SHIP TO ADDRESS?   Avalara uses that addess to pull tax info.

I thought that if you set the Delivery Method to PICKUP then it will calculate based on the SITE ID - but I think it is pulling the company info from the Company Setup Sceen... but I thought it used to do that on the SOP, but it's been a long day... and I need another set of eyes and brains... please help me understand how I can get the tax properly caluclated.

• Richard Wheeler Profile Picture
    Richard Wheeler 75,730 on at
    RE: Sales Tax Calculation by Ship To Address

I will overlook you being an Astros fan and provide some guidance. This link should help get you started. Go out and get some dinner and then read through this article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/872674/how-taxes-are-calculated-in-receivables-management-sales-order-process

Helpful resources

Quick Links

What Motivates a Super User?

We know many of you visit the Dynamics 365 Community and Power Platform…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,066 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,585 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans