Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

Console App - The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error

Posted on by

Hi Experts!

Could you please help me i am trying to fetch records but it is throwing me error even service is coming.

The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.  For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.

Code:
pastedimage1607018318769v1.png

Thanks,
ZG

• RE: Console App - The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error

See even enable from azure

pastedimage1607029204697v1.png

pastedimage1607029228936v2.png

4201.BRB.png

• a33ik Profile Picture
    a33ik 84,313 Super User on at
    RE: Console App - The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error

So the issue is not related to the code but to some configuration of the instance itself.

• RE: Console App - The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error

just tried and faced this error

pastedimage1607028627741v1.png

• a33ik Profile Picture
    RE: Console App - The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error

Have you tried to connect to that instance using XrmToolBox using the same credentials?

Same console code is working for an other crm org.

here is the version 

1376.BRB.png

• a33ik Profile Picture

Then you will have to dig deep to figure out what is wrong.

But quick guess - what version of Microsoft.IndentityModel.Client.ActiveDirectory package do you use? It should be 2.28.3 and not higher.

Thanks and sorry for tagging .

Followed 1st link but still getting this issue
    6840.BRB.png
    Followed 2nd link and getting this
    pastedimage1607020361143v5.png

• Suggested answer
    a33ik Profile Picture

Hello,

First recommendation - use CrmServiceClient instead of classes you used to use - docs.microsoft.com/.../use-xrm-tooling-retrieve-data

If you're curious on how to migrate from older version of tooling you can check my post on it - butenko.pro/.../

And just a recommendation - please avoid tagging me in old threads to summon me to new. I visit forum when I have time and if question is not answered and I know the way I can help - I'll step in.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans