Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Suggested answer

SL2015 editing Report Control Maintenance System message 6906

Posted on by 650

I am trying to change the order of the report formats in the Report Control maintenance screen. The system rejects my changes and gives the system message 6906 - Another process has deleted the format item. the system will automatically cancel your changes. 

• Stuart Nottingham Profile Picture
    Stuart Nottingham 1,170 on at
    RE: SL2015 editing Report Control Maintenance System message 6906

Ultimately, this is what I ended up doing. In my testing, however, I found that it's only the first format that needs deletion. I was able to change any subsequent formats in Report Control Maintenance without issue.

• Suggested answer
    Bill Degnan Profile Picture
    Bill Degnan 650 on at

I found that the system doesn't let you change an existing record in the Report Control maintenance screen. I have to delete the record(s) and then add new values.

For example 03.620; in order to change the order of the check formats, I copied the records out to excel; changed the record order; then deleted the existing records; saved and then pasted in the new order. the system accepted my changes  

• Sunita Profile Picture
    Sunita 10 on at

I would recommend running a SQL Profiler trace.

• Butch Adams Profile Picture
    Butch Adams 4,757 on at

I just reproduced this in my Contoso database. Looks like a bug.

• Stuart Nottingham Profile Picture
    Stuart Nottingham 1,170 on at

I'm getting the same error. SL2015CU1. I've gone through and checked all of the triggers in both the SYS and APP databases, setting nocount on as suggested. However, I'm still getting this error. So far, it appears to be isolated to the Report Control Maintenance screen. I can make changes to the Screen, User and Access Rights screens with no problem. Any ideas on what's giving me grief?

Stuart Nottingham

• Suggested answer
    Redbeard Profile Picture
    Redbeard 12,931 on at

Bill,

I remembered reading this post by Jerod Hatley

Even though the use of database triggers has been frowned upon for quite some time, it is no secret that they are sometimes the most cost effective way to achieve desired functionality. After upgrading to Dynamics SL 2011, we have seen several instances of triggers causing messages like:

• System Message 6900 – Another process has updated the %s table. The system will automatically cancel your changes.

• System Message 6906 – Another process has deleted the %s item. The system will automatically cancel your changes.

• Server Message 93 – [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0] Connection is busy with results for another command.

Here’s the solution: we have found that adding “SET NOCOUNT ON” to triggers solves this issue. This statement, when executed before the trigger fires, will prevent the return message of completion from SQL server.

So, if you find that triggers or stored procedures are causing you issues after an upgrade, check for NOCOUNT in the SQL scripts.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,986 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans