Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

Unlink Power Platform environment and Finance and Operations environment

Posted on by 35
Hello everyone!
Background of the problem:
I had a sandbox FnO environment with installed and linked Dataverse and Power Platform environment. Everything was working fine. 
One day, I reinstalled the FnO environment and installed Power Platform environment again. However, I receives a warrning in LCS:
/Microsoft has detected that your environment is linked via Dual-write to a different Power Platform environment (ID ########-####-####-####-d0e76e48744c ) than the one specified in Power Platform Integration, which is not recommended./
The ID of my current environment is actually different: ########-####-####-####-842b6e6d8f48

So, I signed to Power Platform Admin Center and analyzed the settings of PP environments.
The old PP environment has a link to FnO:

And the nwe one does not:

So, as the next step I started a researching how to unlink the old environment and attach the new one. And find this instruction (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/data-entities/dual-write/relink-environments#scenario-reset-or-change-linking)

I signed to the FnO environment, went to Dual-write settings and didn't find th Unlink button there. It was replaced with Reset Link.
Looks like it proveds the right thing:
/Reset will clear out all dual-write configuration data like dual-write maps, integration keys, legal entity mappings for dual-write, default alert settings, activity logs, initial sync history, etc. After resetting, you will need to re-apply the required dual-write solutions using the “Apply Solution” functionality to create maps and start over the configuration from scratch. Would you like to continue?/

As a result, all Dual-wright settings were deleted, but the old environment is still linked with the FnO environment and I cannot delete it from PP admin center due to the same Error:
Has anyone encountered such a problem? Is it possible to unlink and delete the old Power Platform environment?
I would appreciate any advice.
  • Suggested answer
    Umesh Pandit Profile Picture
    Umesh Pandit 9,261 User Group Leader on at
    Unlink Power Platform environment and Finance and Operations environment
    I saw this error when I deleted the Sandbox to rename it to UAT with Blank data, So I followed the links shared and it worked for unlink. Yes, we need to wait a little longer. 
  • Unlink Power Platform environment and Finance and Operations environment
    Upd
    Changes took effect within a few hours. Environments relinked properly. 
    It was necessary to wait just a little longer than i could.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates