Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / Changing personal acco...
Sales forum
Answered

Changing personal account to a business account

Posted on by 5
Hi,

I have a personal Microsoft account with a 365 Family subscription.
Can I change my personal account to a business account without losing my 365 Family subscription? 
If changing to a business account would mean that I will loose my 365 Family subscription, what are the options to have a business account for 1 user but with 2TB OneDrive cloud or more?

Thx in advance
Categories:
  • Daivat Profile Picture
    Daivat 501 on at
    Changing personal account to a business account
    Hello CU10071510-0,

No, unfortunately, you cannot directly convert your personal Microsoft account with a 365 Family subscription to a business account. These are two separate systems with different subscription plans. Switching account types would mean losing your current subscription.

Here's how you can approach this situation:

1. Maintain Personal Account and Explore OneDrive Options: You can keep your existing Microsoft account and 365 Family subscription. It allows sharing with up to 5 other people and offers 1TB of OneDrive storage per user. If you need more storage individually, consider purchasing additional OneDrive storage separately for your account. Microsoft offers storage upgrades within your OneDrive settings.

2. Switch to a Business Account with a Different Subscription: If you prioritize a business email and the functionalities of a business plan, you'll need to switch to a Microsoft 365 for a Business subscription. Business plans typically don't offer individual user subscriptions with high storage like 2TB. They usually involve adding licenses for multiple users within your organization.

3. Here are some Business plans with higher storage options: Microsoft 365 Business Standard: Offers 1TB of OneDrive storage per user with additional business features like email hosting and device management. Microsoft 365 Business Premium: Includes all features of Business Standard with additional security and compliance features. Storage remains at 1TB per user.

Before switching, consider the following:
    Cost Comparison: Analyze the cost of additional OneDrive storage for your account compared to a Business plan with the features you need.
    Subscription Management: Business plans often require managing multiple licenses and user accounts, which might be simpler with a personal account for a single user.

For a detailed comparison of plans and features, you can visit the Microsoft website: Microsoft 365 for Business | Small Business | Microsoft 365

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Daivat Vartak

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans