Skip to main content
Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Budget on a Begin-Total account-Acc Schedule reporting

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 240

Good day Folks

I'm wondering if someone has been successful with this scenario below please.

My client budgets on the Begin-Total GL accounts per quarter .   The budget can be exported to Excel and behaves the same as if the budget was on a Posting account.   However, the challenge comes in when using the Account Schedule for the Actual vs Budget comparison.   I've tried various combinations to extract the budget per quarter but, no matter what restrictions I put in place, the system is returning the full year budget even though the budget was entered with 4 different dates (being the quarters).

I'm wondeirng if it has something to do with the fact that the budget is entered on the Begin-Total GL accounts and if this functionality is even possible in BC.

In my account schedule I define the rows as Posting Accounts

pastedimage1623674994972v1.png

My column definition is using the Period Formula of FY[1..3] and FY[4..6], etc

pastedimage1623675243623v4.png

pastedimage1623675291469v5.png

When using the Account Schedule Overview, I have experimented with the date range of the full finanical year or just the 2 quarters or even just the 1st quarter, but stil the full budget for the year is being returned in all the budget columns.   I choose to view by Quarter.

If anyone has any knowledge about this scenario above being possible in BC I would be most grateful for you rinput.

Thank you

• RE: Budget on a Begin-Total account-Acc Schedule reporting

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your finding for this issue so that others may benefit!

• Suggested answer
    Marmeduke8 Profile Picture
    Marmeduke8 240 on at
    RE: Budget on a Begin-Total account-Acc Schedule reporting

Good day All

I have resolved this.   In case someone else comes across this issue, her is the solution.

I discovered that the client had not created the Accounting Periods necessary for the Account Schedule to calculate correctly.    They had captured the new year budget, but had not set up the Accounting Periods.

Hope that helps someone else.

Regards

Helpful resources

Quick Links

What Motivates a Super User?

We know many of you visit the Dynamics 365 Community and Power Platform…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,068 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,591 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans