Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

shopify connector

Posted on by 7
When configuring the Shopify store in Business Central there is a field that says /End of support/ and the date of March 1, 2024 appears and in the description it mentions that it will stop working.
Will the connector stop working permanently?
Could someone answer my question, since my store has been around for 1 year and I have the earring that no longer works.
  • CU08071112-0 Profile Picture
    CU08071112-0 2 on at
    shopify connector
    If you're having trouble integrating, you can try using a different connector
  • CU19051438-0 Profile Picture
    CU19051438-0 6 on at
    shopify connector
    I appreciate the discussion on the Dynamics Community Forums! While Dynamics is a powerful platform for business management, I also want to highlight the importance of Shopify's eCommerce experts. The article shared by the user provides valuable information about the role of a shopify developer and how they can improve an online business. Understanding the capabilities of Shopify's experts is critical for companies looking to build a strong online presence and optimize their e-commerce operations. It's worth exploring for anyone interested in maximizing their online potential.
  • Verified answer
    Community member Profile Picture
    Community member 14 on at
    shopify connector
    Andrei answered this question on the Dev Yammer community... I'll copy\paste below.

This is date till when the current version of Shopify Admin Api will be supported. See the Shopify release details here: https://shopify.dev/docs/api/usage/versioning

Latest version of connector uses supported version of Shopify Admin API. If you upgrade as normal everything will be fine.

Why do we have this UI element?

There were cases when customers stuck with old version of Business Central (I assume they had some upgrade issues) and they continued to use Shopify connector with unsupported Api. These resulted app marked as outdated in Shopify Admin for all customers. That's why we now introduced hard block for old versions.

As we have hard block, we also had to introduce some way for user to see what is going to happen, that's why there are new field and notification.
    https://shopify.dev/docs/api/usage/versioning

• Verified answer
    Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    shopify connector
    Hi,

The message is due to the cache memory, which stored the message from the previous version you were using.
    To resolve this, you can follow the following steps to clear the cache: Navigate to the Shopify card >>Invoke the action>>Clear the API version expiry date cache.
    Once we completed this process, the error message disappeared.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Judy
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,639 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    shopify connector
    Hi, I haven't heard about this, and until recently, Microsoft was still giving Shopify new features.
    For example,
    2023 release wave 2 plan:
    MS Yammer:

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    ZHU

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates