Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Seeking Guidance on Configuring Email Account in Business Central 20.5 On-Premise

Posted on by

Dear Dynamics 365 Community,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Desh, and I am reaching out to seek guidance from the community regarding the configuration of email accounts in Business Central 20.5 on-premise.

Our organization is currently using Business Central 20.5 hosted on an Azure server, and we have integrated our systems with Office 365 for email communication. We are in the process of setting up an approval workflow and sending payment advice to vendors through email. However, we are facing challenges in configuring the email account.

I would greatly appreciate it if members of the community could provide insights and step-by-step guidance on how to configure the email account in Business Central 20.5 to facilitate the sending of email.

If anyone has successfully implemented a similar setup or has expertise in this area, your assistance would be invaluable to us.

Thank you in advance for your time and support. I look forward to learning from the community's experiences and insights.

Best Regards,

Desh

• Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    Seeking Guidance on Configuring Email Account in Business Central 20.5 On-Premise
    Hi,

To configure an email account in Business Central On-Premises, you can follow these steps:
    1.  Open Business Central and search for the "Email Accounts" page.
    1. This will start the Setup Up Email assisted setup process. Click next on the welcome page and you will have the option to pick what Account type you wish to use for email. For the example we'll be selecting 'Current User' but for more information on each account type you can reference the following:
    1.  If you don't have an Azure app registration, you will be prompted to create one. 
    2.  On the Email Application AAD Registration Page you will need to enter in the Application (Client) ID, Client Secret value, and verify the proper Redirect URL is entered with '/OAuthLanding.htm':
    3. Once entered you can then verify the registration:

1. Once the registration is verified, you can proceed to create an email account by entering the necessary details.
    Best Regards,
    Judy
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 63,857 Super User on at
    As far as I know there should be no difference between 20.5 and the latest version. I hope the following information can give you some tips.

Thanks.
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans