Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

help - problem with credit checking

Posted on by 3,205

hi there,

I need help here. I have configured credit limit for some customers, also have activated option for credit checking in OM setup, AR setup and Order type.

I found credit checking work when:

- each order has been created must not more than credit limit of current customer.

but, what I need is:

- order/shipper can not be created while customer's credit available = 0.

need help here please. thanks before

• rodi Profile Picture
    rodi 3,205 on at
    Re: help - problem with credit checking

hi David,

thanks for answer. is that mean for SL7 nor SL2011, can't use SQL 2000?

thanks before

• DavidSL65 Profile Picture
    DavidSL65 45 on at

Rodi -

SL 6.0 (your version) + SL6.5 are the older versions, running on (in my case) SQL Server 2005, VB6 technology.

SL7 = UPDATED SL7.0, but based on VB.net, CAN run on SQL Server 2008

SL2011 = Later version again.  Not sure what platform, but on SQL Server2008.

It's akin to saying Windows 3.0, 3.1, Win95, XP, Win7 etc......  Next generation version.

• rodi Profile Picture
    rodi 3,205 on at

hi,

thanks for your support and time. please kindly let me know of some questions about this:

1. regarding your comment "I have been testing your scenarios on my SL 2011 sp1 demo database, but, could not recreate your results," , is this mean in SL 2011 you didn't find any issue like this?

2. what is SL 2011 in a number? I mean like SL 6.0, SL 6.5, etc.

3. if in SL 2011 there is no issue like this, can I use SL 2011 with SQL 2000?

4. if the answer no.3 is no, then is there advice you can tell, how to solve my issue without changing to SL 2011?

5. if I need for customization, is there a support (free or pay) that service online, I mean no need to install with come to my location.

thanks before.

• Re: help - problem with credit checking

Rodi,

Thank you for the update.  It's possible you are experiencing a bug in the credit checking functionality on that version - I have been testing your scenarios on my SL 2011 sp1 demo database, but, could not recreate your results, so, I suspect these issues have been resolved on a more current version of the product.  Our forum support only includes supported versions, which at this time is 7.x and SL 2011, so, I won't be able to continue assisting with this issue.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but, I think if you can get the database upgraded to a more current version, you can avoid these issues you're running into on the 6.0 sp1 database.  

• rodi Profile Picture
    rodi 3,205 on at

to Jennifer

it says "version: 6.00.2272 6.0sp1

to DavidSL65

yes, correct. anyway, a little correction. when customers already over their credit limit (available credit < 0, not <=0), the customer can't create any new shipper/sales order.

thanks

• DavidSL65 Profile Picture
    DavidSL65 45 on at

Rodi - are you "neubie" on "www.microsoftdynamics.com"....  

Credit Hold doesn't work very well, natively,  in Dynamics SL6.5 - we had a custom solution developed.

We found that even when Customers were over their credit limits, orders and shippers were still created, even though we had set up all the options to stop it.

Hi Rodi,

If you go to Help | About Microsoft Dynamics SL (or, it may say About Solomon), in the top right corner of the screen, you should see a Version that will be a number - the Version number is what I need, it will tell me the Build Version of the database.

• rodi Profile Picture
    rodi 3,205 on at

hi,

may you please tell me how to look up build version of database? I don't get it what you mean,sorry.

anyway, about step of order type, here you are:

step of order list

thanks before

Rodi,

What is the Build Version of the database you're testing on?  Also, please list each step of your order type, the status for each step and if it is marked to Hold on Credit Failure.  

• rodi Profile Picture
    rodi 3,205 on at

Is Jennifer still watch this thread? :(

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans