Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Error when batch shipping Sales Order

Posted on by 120

We have a Sales Order and associated paid Pre-Payment invoice, where we are shipping in batches. When we get to the final batch, we re-open the Sales Order, change the shipping date, then attempt to release. However, we can’t get past the following error:

Prepmt. Line Amount Excl. GST cannot be more than 57,272.72 in Sales Line Document Type='Order',Document No.='SO000189',Line No.='20000'.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Marco Mels Profile Picture
    Marco Mels on at
    RE: Error when batch shipping Sales Order

Hello,

If you have a repro in standard BC, feel free to raise it to Microsoft via your partner or CSP. And Alfredo: great job you were able to reproduce the scenario.

Thanks.

• JasonW Profile Picture
    JasonW 120 on at

Thanks, the only thing we change is the quantity to ship and the shipping date (it's changing the shipping date that requires us to reopen the order) as we send out each shipment batch. Oddly enough, it works for the first batch, but then gets this error on the second.

• Alfredo_Iorio Profile Picture
    Alfredo_Iorio 1,260 on at

The VAT is not relevant to this error.

The error in the screenshot is because BC tries to update the line amount while there is a prepayment invoice already posted for the line.

The sales line has a posted prepayment invoice equivalent to 50% of the order.

Prepayment.jpg

The order will post fine so no errors here.

preview-posting.jpg

But if I get the error if I reopen the order and try to change the unit price or if I add a discount which might be your issue.

change-price.jpg

• JasonW Profile Picture
    JasonW 120 on at

Hi Alfredo

I very much appreciate your support on this and it's interesting you can reproduce the error. However, isn't the price difference in your screen shot due to one price excluding VAT and the other (in the page data) including VAT?

The fact that you get the error when you try to re-release the order after a prepayment invoice has been posted suggests the issue is between the sales line amount and the prepayment line.

I will check if the change of posting date triggers a sales price or discount update. Maybe you have special customer price or campaigns that kicks in and attempts to change the price on the sales line

If you have a prepayment % on the sales header and the price is updated you will get an error about the prepayment. The error message might be misleading depending on your localisation.

I get the same error if I reopen a sales order with a prepayment line applied.  

Note that when I clear the error, the price returns to its original value of £30 therefore you might not see the price difference that is blocking your order.

pastedimage1649230941596v1.png

• JasonW Profile Picture
    JasonW 120 on at

Yes, we change the posting date to reflect the date of the change, but the currency is all the same.

Do you also change the posting date when you update the shipping date?

Also, is the order in a different currency other than LCY?

• JasonW Profile Picture
    JasonW 120 on at

Does anyone have any other ideas?

• JasonW Profile Picture
    JasonW 120 on at

They are the same amount. 
    pastedimage1647849369281v1.png

The issue here is we have done nothing other than follow the process for batch shipping. It should all work.

• Suggested answer
    Dallefeld Profile Picture
    Dallefeld 11,423 User Group Leader on at

Look at the total amount of the sales line and compare it to the prepayment amount on  the sales line. There seems to be a difference which is causing your issue.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates