Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / Unit Group update need...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

Unit Group update needed for Dual Write

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 2,689
We recently went live with D365 Finance and Supply Chain, including Dual Write integration with Sales. 

We have a significant mismatch between the Unit Group in Sales, and the Unit of Measure Class in Finance.  When Sales was implemented nearly 10 years ago, a Unit Group was created for each Unit Of Measure.  EA/EA, DZ/DZ, etc.  That structure does not fit at all with the Finance structure of Class: Quantity contains EA, DZ, PR, PC, etc.  

I would like to realign the Unit Group / Unit structure in Sales, and then update the unit group on all products, but updating the Unit Group is not allowed. I need to find a way around this limitation.  For us, I feel it would be a straightforward change.  Because:
-We sell exclusively in EA, so sales, quote, invoice and opportunity lines would note be affected.
-We do not use price lists

How can I overcome this restriction?  We have tried importing via data management and the Excel connector. We have tried unlocking the field with a business rule. Writing the new value in via the API.

What can be done?

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Unit Group update needed for Dual Write
    Hi,
    The Unit Group column cannot be editable if the product is published(status id active).
    " Please update only the unit. The unit group can’t be updated once the product is created."
    Unfortunately, we can't change it, which is by-design.

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it answer your question! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans