Skip to main content

Notifications

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

Change Out of Box Power BI

Posted on by 2,733
I need to change one of the visualizations on the warehouse performance dashboard. The change I needed was to set the OnTime, Early, Late shipment data to use the Confirmed Ship Date instead of the Requested Ship Date.  It is not possible to make that change using the Edit mode available in the D365 UI.

On my dev box, I found the Warehouse Performance pbix file in the Resources node of the AOT and made the formula change I wanted.  I was able to save the pbix and verified that the change took effect.  I then created a deployment package and updated my uat and production environments. I expected the resource node to be packaged and installed with my code.

The dashboard still shows data using the old formula.  What do I need to do to update this dashboard?  

• lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,733 on at
    Just a final wrap up post.  I followed Add analytics to workspaces by using Power BI Embedded - Finance & Operations | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn to get the copied pbix onto the dashboard.  I came to realize that my initial edit was an attempt to modify the existing Application Suite model, which just isn't allowed.  I put my new report on the existing workspace, but duplicating might be easier in the long run.  I suspect that there are security elements that need to be added if you do that.

• lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,733 on at
    I found the original pbix in the AOT Resources node and created a copy,  I made the required change and then saved as a new pbix file.  I added the pbix to the AOT as a resource using the new name.  I extended the controller class to use my new resource instead of the original report.  Built my model and installed in my Sandbox and Live environments.

When I attempt to open the page, I get the error 'Failed to publish Power BI report'.  Did I miss a step somewhere?

LJ

• lispyj Profile Picture
    lispyj 2,733 on at
    Can the duplicated dashboard be consumed by all users without a Power BI Desktop app/license?
  • Suggested answer
    andreasraithel Profile Picture
    andreasraithel 4,676 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hy,

from my experience my developers always doubled the original workspace and assigned the new modified PBIX recource to the new workspace and this worked.

Hope this helps

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,445 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,334 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates