Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Suggested answer

Send email from the Queue the email was sent to

Posted on by

Hello, 

When creating and sending an email from D365, the default functionality will populate the FROM sender as the user creating the email. In our organization we are working with around 20 different email adresses (queues) and need to send FROM a shared (the correct queue) email address. I have tried a workflow described on this link:

https://meganvwalker.com/automatically-send-emails-queue/?unapproved=47914&moderation-hash=06866e22eb5842f9ac99974350958ce8#comment-47914

And it works for one Queue, but we have 2 queues for each Business Unit. We need to send from the queue that the email was sent to, otherwise we can not keep track of everything if everyone is sending emails from their own adresses, and the customers will find it confusing and start sending emails to our private emails in the end. I can not figure out how I can build up this workflow. 

Thank you in advance for your advice!

BR, 
Emma

Categories:
  • EmmaCRMadmin Profile Picture
    EmmaCRMadmin on at
    RE: Send email from the Queue the email was sent to

Hello Leo,

"How do we know which queue should be set to the FROM when the email has been sent? What's the condition? What's the relationship between the email and queue? "

In some cases the condition is quite clear, the business Unit the User belongs to will have an own queue. But some Business Units have 2 queues for each Business Units, this is when it gets harder to know what the condition should be.

I was able to change "from" in my workflow but when i tried to change the "From" field manually I could only add users. Mabye this has something to do with it.

Thank you for the suggesion using Power Automate for this, I'll try it out!

BR,

Emma

• Suggested answer
    LeoAlt Profile Picture
    LeoAlt 16,327 on at
    RE: Send email from the Queue the email was sent to

Hi partner,

May I ask a question first?

How do we know which queue should be set to the FROM when the email has been sent? What's the condition? What's the relationship between the email and queue? 

If the condition is clear, we could add a condition step before we update the email FROM.

pastedimage1585707550884v1.png

But you need to add 20 conditions which may be a complicated work :-(

So I think that you could do this by Power Automate(Flow).

I've spent a long time to test this and I could not set the value to FROM field, you could ask for more information in Power Automate Community about this.

In my case, I want to change the sender to the queue which contains the case in regarding field of email. So I created the following Flow but I can modified every field except FROM.

pastedimage1585725328226v2.png

pastedimage1585725351949v3.png

pastedimage1585725366387v4.png

pastedimage1585725403204v5.png

In short, using Power Automate should be a better way to do this.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Leo

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans