Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Answered

Undo Purchase Receiving (Posted Put-away Transaction)

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi, 

We have noticed vendor shipped the wrong item but the receiving and put-away transaction was already posted. Could we do another put-away transaction  that kind of reverse the transaction from the Bin we did the put-away to the receiving zone and bin (Original transaction has transfer the inventory from RECEIVING Zone and Bin to the Bin). Please advise if that would be the case to reverse the incorrect posted receiving transaction. 

Thanks!!!

Sandy

Categories:
  • M.Bilal Sarwar Profile Picture
    M.Bilal Sarwar 52 on at
    RE: Undo Purchase Receiving (Posted Put-away Transaction)

hi

I am having the same problem but when I am trying to do this I am facing  an error

"There is not enough space to insert correction lines."

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi, All to delete registered put away and warehouse document. First navigate the document --> go to posted warehouse receipt lines --> Navigate --> Show posted whse. document --> Registered Put way lines --> Show registered document --> delete the document.

After that delete warehouse registered document too.

Then via warehouse item journal transfer the item to receiving bin. then go to purchase receipt document line and use undo receipt functionality. Please test this sequence in test DB.

Dear Alex,

I have exactly the same problem as Sandy.  Items have been receipted and the put-away lines have also been posted.  I try to delete the posted put-away lines but I don't have the option to do it. ( I have all permissions) . How do you manage to delete ( or reverse) these lines? Is it a parameter to activate ?

The message I have when using the "undo the receipt" is  : You cannot delete line 10000 because put-away lines have been created".

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Thierry

• Alex A Profile Picture
    Alex A 2,315 on at

You shouldn't need to. Deleting the put-away (or put-away line) and then using the function to undo receipt should reverse it for you. However, it's always good to test things, right? So maybe take a look at the inventory in that bin before you do it to see if it changes the inventory for you.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update. Do we need to do any adjustment to the Bin/Location that were involved in the receipt/put-away transactions?

• Verified answer
    Alex A Profile Picture
    Alex A 2,315 on at

Hello,

You will need to find and delete the related put-away lines (or the whole transaction). Then you will be able to go to the Posted Purchase Receipt and 'Undo Receipt' by highlighting the line item in the Lines section and then clicking Functions => Undo Receipt.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,860 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,398 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans