Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

How to setup different Reminders E-mail and Attachment Layouts?

Posted on by 10

Goodmorning community,

Being new at the company and the company being fairly new at using Business Central, I am currently exploring the (Automated) reminders setup.
So, I have been spending a few hours at setting up a WORD XML Mapping document, and I have produced a fairly understandable
reminder PDF from example customers in my Demo environment. One thing off my bucketlist

Now comes the part where I cannot find any clues, so I have created an account to ask for your expertise.

Now we have a new challenge. Setting up a different e-mail layout and a different attachment layout. The Word document that I have created right now makes a perfect
attachment layout. But also causes my whole reminder e-mail to be in that template. My question now: Is it possible to set up a different email layout and a different attachment layout?
I am nowhere close to a developer, I am a finance employee. So if anybody could spare some time and help me through this unknown maze to me, that would be extremely helpful.

I have seen some stuff about RDLC, but I do not know even the basics of RDLC/SQL at all.
Unfortunately, all the stuff that I find on Google refers to Custom Layouts on D365 BC.

• Sie Hoo Chau Profile Picture
    Sie Hoo Chau 10 on at
    RE: How to setup different Reminders E-mail and Attachment Layouts?

Currently mine is set up at 117 Reminders.

What would be the difference if I set it up as 190 Issue Reminders?

• Verified answer
    JAngle Profile Picture
    JAngle 33,135 on at
    RE: How to setup different Reminders E-mail and Attachment Layouts?

From a customer card you can access a page called document layouts

DC76501B_2D00_64B7_2D00_4EA7_2D00_BA97_2D00_8765B27C9A37.jpeg

On here you can add a new line with the “usage” of reminder. Set the report id as 190. No you’re able to set a different layout and email layout by customer.

This is the most standard option and you can stick to working with word layouts this way. Anything more advanced would require development which of course your Microsoft partner can help you with

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,513 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans