Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

ROI Erroring on single report format

Posted on by 130

Whenever we try and select one report format on a customized report we get Programming Bulletproof Error 11500 with Exception System.NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object (see full error below). All other report formats in that rptcontrol load fine. This is a report that was developped in SL 7 (works fine) but can't be run in 2011.

• Rachel Moore Profile Picture
    Rachel Moore on at
    Re: ROI Erroring on single report format

Have you tried deleteing the report information in Report Control Maintenance, then re-entering it? That might be worth trying - it could be that the record is corrupt in the table.

Are any templates being used?

Are you using Multi-Company?

• jmittleman Profile Picture
    jmittleman 130 on at

It's never getting to a point where it's calling SQL. I may not have been clear in my original post. The error comes when we select the report from the Report Format Drop down in the ROI screen. I never even get to a point to run it. I would think the report file is corrupted, but it opens in Crystal Reports and runs in SL 7, so there has to be something else. What could it be?

Rachel Moore on at

You may consider running a SQL trace of the error. We have different trace templates depending on the version of SQL you are using. You can find the template and instructions in the appropriate KB article below.

If you find any errors in the trace, you can post them here for me to review.

How to use SQL Profiler in SQL Server 2005 to trace database events in Microsoft Dynamics SL

mbs.microsoft.com/.../KBDisplay.aspx

How to use SQL Profiler in SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 to trace database events in Microsoft Dynamics SL

mbs.microsoft.com/.../KBDisplay.aspx

• jmittleman Profile Picture
    jmittleman 130 on at

Thank you for your response Rachel. It is a Crystal Report. The thing that is odd, is that the report wil execute in Crystal Designer preview, so the query must be good.

Rachel Moore on at

Hi,

It sounds like there is an line of code that is causing this error. It may be that the schema has changed between versions of SL and that line of code may no longer be valid. If this is the case, you would need to modify that piece of code for the updated schema or completely rebuild the report.

Also, is this an SSRS or Crystal Report?  If it is SSRS, there are issues when the report was built in a prior version of Visual Studio. What version of Visual Studio was the report created in? (If applicable).

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans