Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

GL Subcategory not show any values on Chart of Accounts when I've been doing transactions?

Posted on by 58
We entered an account just to track Landed Costs/Item(Charges) and titled it /Freight In/. There have been exaggerated transactions just to make sure everything is hitting the right accounts. However on Chart of Accounts there are no values as shown.. but when you click into them you can see there are some transactions listed (not all). Is this because I have Dimensions activated on the Item Charge level? We've also run the whole process of purchasing and then selling of just one item to try and figure this out.

Please help, thanks! 

• Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 7,792 Super User on at
    GL Subcategory not show any values on Chart of Accounts when I've been doing transactions?
    No this is not because of dimensions. The fields you're looking at on the chart of accounts are flow fields. Meaning they are system calculated fields, in this case they are calculating the amount you see in the General Ledger Entries Page. When you sum the amount field in that page, you get zero. So this makes sense why nothing is showing up on the chart of accounts as the sum of the amount field is zero.

The problem is with the setup of your item charge. Look in the General Posting Setup for the combination of Gen. Bus. Posting Group B2B and Gen. Prod. Posting Group Freight. It seems this combination has both the Purch. Account and Direct Costs Applied Account to GL 520100.

When you post an item charge the system posts the following entries:

DR Inventory $xxx
    DR Purch. Account $xxx
                                           CR Direct Cost Applied Account $xxx

You have the same GL Account for both the Purch. Account and the Direct Costs Applied Account so the system posts both to the same account hence the zero amount. To fix you should change the direct costs applied account to another GL Account. 

• gdrenteria Profile Picture
    gdrenteria 5,168 Super User on at
    Hi
    The amount field of the chart of accounts has some filters to obtain the information on the g/l entries.
    Can you see if everything is fulfilled. ?
    BR
    GR

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans