Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

How can I display or add net requirements and gross requirements to the grid of a released product?

Posted on by 52
Dear Community Group,

How can I display or add net requirements and gross requirements to the grid of a released product?

• KEYSTONE Profile Picture
    KEYSTONE 12 on at
    Agree with Andrew.  You would not want to modify your released product grid to bring in net requirements, unless you are trying to further restrict it.  You are better off bringing it into PowerBI (create a new data entity off ReqTrans because it doesn't exist).  Or if you are just trying to get a quick dump of net requirements for all or certain items, then go to the net requirements screen and change the filter on the item number to be is one of.  You can also take the filter off entirely, but if you're trying to export to excel keep in mind there may be many rows depending on your item base and size of your organization.
  • andrewlencsak Profile Picture
    andrewlencsak 247 on at
    What is the business reason for this change? This would be a really problematic change to make and I would not recommend a company ever do it because of the usability problems it would cause. Net requirements is a calculated form where users can run business logic, it is not static values for review. You would cause major complications to performance trying to add a form like that to Released products. You are much better off bringing data from those tables into a report or PowerBI view.
  • Suggested answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    What you mean is that you want to add a new field to an existing table. If you want to achieve this requirement, you need to customize it. There is no documentation that exactly fits your needs, but you can check out this documentation for an example of how to add a new field to a table. Hope it will give you some hints.https://www.d365snippets.com/2022/08/how-to-add-a-field-in-a-table-and-add-it-into-a-form-data-source-and-form-in-dynamics-365-fo.html
    Best Regards,
    Hana

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans