Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / Email activity Access
Sales forum
Suggested answer

Email activity Access

Posted on by 7
Hi,

Is it possible to make email activities in the account forms timeline only visible to the owner of the email or users belonging to the same Team as the email owner?

For example:
We have 3 sales teams,  Team A, B and C. They all track emails to their Opportunities, and then the email rolls up to the associated Account.
The Account could possibly have Opportunities associated with each of those teams. So when you go to the Account, you can currently see all the emails that have been rolled up from Opportunities.

What I want to do, is to allow each team to only see Email by their team when they open the account form.
Is this something that is possible to do?
Categories:
  • RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Email activity Access
    Hi,

As you said in your reply, because this /Activity/ entity contains more than just /Email/ on the timeline. I checked the DataVerse and found that the /Email/ entity exists, but the Security Role design interface we can't find it. So we don't think there is a separate control for /Email/.

Of course, we'll continue to look into other approaches and I'll reply below if there are any new developments.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang
  • Suggested answer
    AW-08051523-0 Profile Picture
    AW-08051523-0 7 on at
    Email activity Access
    @RudyZang

That sort of works, but it will do all activities, not just email. Or am I missing something?
  • Suggested answer
    RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Email activity Access
    Hi,

We analyzed your requirements, and you can assign users from different Teams to different Business Units, and then set the security role to have a permission level of /Business/ for the /Activity/ entity.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans