Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Answered

System Message 20222 - SL 2015 CU2

Posted on by 6,405

I have never seen this message in all the years I have worked with Dynamics SL.  Anyone know what is causing this?  I checked the directory, and the file indeed does exist.  It is happening for all customized screens, only for users who RDP into the server, including SYSADMIN (domain admin).  Local client installs are not experiencing this.  Just started happening, with no known changes to the SL environment.  Server recently rebooted as well.

VBA-20222.JPG

• Suggested answer
    ALeonard Profile Picture
    ALeonard 25 on at
    RE: System Message 20222 - SL 2015 CU2

I just had a case that started with a System Message 20406 but when we renamed the APC folder in the user profile, the error in the first post of this thread appeared (system message 20222).

Instead of reinstalling the entire SL client, we just reinstalled the VBA components on the machine to alleviate the issue.  Steps:

•Browse out to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA

•Rename any VBAXX Folders within

•Browse out to your SL root directory > Prerequisites folder

•Run the VBA71.msi (and then VBA71_1033.msi if applicable)

•Browse back out to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA

•Any folder that did NOT get replaced, rename back to its original state.

•Try the screen again.

-Adam

• CFROTON Profile Picture
    CFROTON 4,710 on at

Mark,

Thank you for the update. I am sorry you had to re-install CU2 to the server. Poses the question why the local clients still worked when the RDS failed when both used the same application files.

Thank you again,

Carolyn

MSDSL Technical Support

• Verified answer
    Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

Wound up reinstalling SL 2015 CU2 on the server, and it is working again.

• Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

Carolyn,

Any thoughts on how I can filter Process Monitor so that I can isolate the problem with the vbtvba.bas issue?  I cannot seem to find it...

• Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

Trying to run Process Monitor, would like to know what filters to apply to remove all the extraneous stuff, and isolate where this is getting called.  I searched for the vbtvba.bas string, and it did not appear.

• Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

Tried this suggestion, did not resolve the issue.

CFROTON 4,710 on at

Mark,

Tossing around your issue and thought of something else to try. I understand this one might have to wait till your RDS users are out of SL.

1. On the RDS server, uninstall Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications 7.1 and  Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications 7.1 English from Programs and Features.

2. Browse to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared and delete the VBA folder

3. Then re-install VBA from SL\Applications Prerequisite folder (vba71 and Vba71_1033).

Please let us know if this helps.

Carolyn

• Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

I deleted the Solomon.ini file from the C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Dynamics SL directory, as well as the SWIMAPI.kpr file from the C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Dynamics SL\APC directory, and the issue still persists.  Have yet to try Process Monitor....

CFROTON 4,710 on at

Mark,

UAC normally only creates problems during the install. I have seen sites once the SL client installs, they restrict the permission and set UAC back and SL works fine.

Since your RDS and local clients are using the same SL application folder/files this issue makes me suspect the profiles. SL uses the Solomon.ini in the users profile when launching SL and through out the users experience. As a test, can you remove the files/folders from the users profile on the RDS server and have them log back in, allowing the files and folders to re-create? There is an old modification users have added to their local profiles Solomon.ini, but I am not sure if that is necessary. By deleting and allowing these to re-create it will help determine that.

I look forward to any update.

Thank you,

Carolyn

• Mark E Profile Picture
    Mark E 6,405 on at

Carolyn,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Here are my responses:

1. I see in the error that the full program files are installed on this sever (RDS). This a perfect, my question is if the local clients that are working pointing to these same application/program files or are they mapped to a different server?

- All SL clients are mapped to the same server, it is a single server environment

2. From your post it looks like SL was working, but now will not open these screens. Even though nothing may have changed on this server specific to SL, were there any other Windows Updates, Visual Studio or other installs or updates on this server? Was it possibly moved to a new domain, promoted on the domain...anything that has changed even if you would never expect the change to effect SL?

- No changes were made to the server, client tells me the problem started on Friday.  IT Admin did not indicate there were any Windows updates, etc. applied to the server in that time period.

3. Since this also happens to the SL SYSADMIN user, if you run a Processmon trace does it show you where or why it does not seem to find this file?

- I will try to run Process Monitor to see if I can pinpoint anything.

I did notice that User Account Control was enabled on the server (Windows 2016 Standard).  I disable that as well, but the issue still persists.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans