Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Override purchase line delivery date even if item has purchase lead time

Posted on by 20

Can I override the delivery date of purchase lines through purchase header even if the item has purchase lead time setup? I need the delivery date hierarchy to be

1. Purchase Header Delivery date

2. Item purchase leadtime setup

• Japser Profile Picture
    Japser 5 on at
    RE: Override purchase line delivery date even if item has purchase lead time

I have a similar question:

If I add a line (no 1) to a purchase order and the item has a leadtime of 15 days, the delivery date on the line is set to today +15

If I add another item (no 2) that has a leadtime of 12 days, the delivery date on the line is set to today +12

I want the supplier to deliver the parts both after 12 days, so what I tried to do is change the delivery date in the header to today +12. 

in the prompt select update delivery dates --> yes, but the delivery date on line 1 is still today +15.

So my supplier thinks he has to deliver both items on different days, but I expected both requested delivery dates on today +12

Why doesn't it work that way?

• Danny Bilodeau Profile Picture
    Danny Bilodeau 4,058 Super User on at
    RE: Override purchase line delivery date even if item has purchase lead time

Hello tinerex,

Not really.  If the header delivery date exceeds an item's leadtime, that header date will be used for the lin.  But if the date calculated with leadtime exceeds the header date that calculated date will be used for the line.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans