Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Unanswered

9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi all,

i got this error "9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'" when trying to connect to Dynamics SL 2011 (OS: Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012) from Database Maintenance Screen (98.290.00) (Client OS: Windows 7)

Can some1 help me so i can connect to the server??

Thx in advanced for your valuable answer

 

Best Regards,

Darwanto

  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    Re: 9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'

    Hi Nathan,

    The problem unsolved till now.

    I can't connect to server via client's Database Maintenance.

    So, if i want to use Database Maintenance, i will connect it from the server side.

    Regards,

    Darwanto

  • Nathan Benedicto Profile Picture
    Nathan Benedicto 115 on at
    Re: 9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'

    Hi Darwanto,

    Were you abel to solve your problem?  I am having the same issue.

    Thanks.

  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    Re: 9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'

    Hi Adam,

    Thx for your reply.

    I tried to delete all my ODBC connection on the client's pc, but still got the same error.

    I check the Client's windows login is not same as server's windows login, but i still can connect the SQLServer 2012 from Client's SQL Server Management Studio using the SA.

    But the weird thing is, i can connect to SL 2011 Server without open the Database Maintenance Screen (on Find Database screen (98.000.01) i just type the servername and it will get all the SL DB Name). The problem is i can't process the Update Database, Sync Ownership or reset SYSADMIN password from the client side.

     

    Thx & Regards,

    Darwanto

  • Adam Leonard Profile Picture
    Adam Leonard 2,151 on at
    Re: 9829000 Error -3: Alter failed for Server '%1'

    Hi Darwanto,

    I would first try going to administrative tools > Data Sources (ODBC) and delete any existing ODBC connections for the SL databases.  Also, ensure that if you are using Windows Authentication (this can be determined by going to SQL Server Management studio and running "getauthenticationtype" without quotes against your system DB) that the user you are logged into Windows as is associated to an SL login.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

#1
André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

#2
Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

#3
nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans