Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

Price management and product configurator

Posted on by 15
I'm trying to use the new price management module to set the price on a constraint-based item that I created with product configuration model
It seems that price management doesn't work with this type of items, but work only for products or dimensions based product master items
For a constraint based item, it doesn't recognize the Margin component price adjustments based on attributes,
Any idea how to do that?
I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft forgot about the product configurator when they designed the new price management, then it will tell us to post an idea and they may look at it within the next 5 years..  if voted!

- What I want to do: used constraint based item, like D0004 on USMF
- I don't want to use the model price, I want to use the price management
- I want to pass an attribute from the product configuration model to be used to add an amount through the margin component price adjustments (e.g. if material attribute is premium, add $10)
  • Suggested answer
    Community member Profile Picture
    Community member 32 on at
    Hi Khaled,
    Thanks for the additional context. We can configure a margin to apply by variant/s but would mean that all possible variant combinations would need to be setup in advance of creating the margin.

I'm not seeing an alternative setup to that at the moment. I'll ask some contacts I have at Microsoft if they have a recommended approach for this scenario or a solution in mind. 
  • KE-16072243-0 Profile Picture
    KE-16072243-0 15 on at
    Thank you Anthony Warnholtz  and Andre Arnaud for giving the time 
    Unfortunately it doesn't answer my question
    I know how to set the base pricing and margin adjustments using attributes on the product
    But in case of attributes on the product configurator, you can't use them on the margin adjustment

The example is:
    - Finished product is a sofa
    - This sofa can use any fabric, fabrics has different quality: 1, 2, 3
    - Upon user selection of a fabric when he configures the product, the associated quality of the fabric component populates an attribute on the product configuration model
    - Common sense is the price of the finished product is dependant on of the user selection of that fabric quality attribute of the component that's passed from the configuration model, not from the attribute of the finished product. Otherwise the new pricing model become useless for any configurable product.
    And so far, it seems no way to do that

• Suggested answer
    Community member Profile Picture
    Community member 32 on at
    Hi Khaled,
    I have setup a margin in a Contoso environment for item D0004 and the margin applies. 
    To help diagnose the issue you are having I would need to see the setup behind the margin adjustment setup. Can you confirm that the:
    1. Margin adjustment is Enabled
    2. Margin price component code is added to the Price component code setup.
    3. Price attribute groups are Validated.
    4. If you are using any attributes created in PIM, that they are enabled as Price components.

Screenshots below is the margin applying in both a sales order line and the Price simulator. 

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi Khaled,

Are you referring to the new Pricing Management (Pricing management overview (preview) - Supply Chain Management | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn)? If so, this is currently in preview and may have limited features at this moment. You have valid feedback. Note that you can join the Dynamics experience and provide feedback on Viva Engage feedback groups. 

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates