Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

NAV dynamics client Crash

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hi All,

One of our users is experiencing a  bug in NAV  due to display issues. With over 30 users using NAV, only this 1 is experiencing the error.

So every so often when opening a sales quote, the classic client has display issue where the font sizes and menu buttons go big. After this the application crashes.

I have tried changing the high DPI settings but this doesnt work. The user experiences a crash every so often randomly and happens around 4 times. 

I ahve also checked to see if NAV is using a high amount of CPU or memory but its not.

Please could someone help? Have attached a screenshot 

pastedimage1611749705736v1.png

• Suggested answer
    Suresh Kulla Profile Picture
    Suresh Kulla 43,638 on at
    RE: NAV dynamics client Crash

Check this and try to delete any personalization for that user

dynamicsuser.net/.../how-to-reset-user-specified-settings

• RE: NAV dynamics client Crash

Hello,

I would suggest: 1)  Delete the .zup file, and if that doesn't work, 2) rebuild that machine. Rebuilding a PC nowadays does not take that long, and may be faster than keep crashing.

The version is not clear, so I cannot remember exactly where the .zup file is, possibly in %appdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV, or in worst case install Process Monitor from www.sysinternals.com (will get redirected to a Microsoft website), and then take a trace and search it for .zup, and delete that. .zup contains user-specific filters and customization, so if this .zup file has got corrupt, it could explain why the client crashes for this user on this page.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,914 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,549 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans