Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Suggested answer

Export to csv change order in columns

Posted on by

Hi,

I have GP2015, I'm exporting the trial balance to csv file and open in Excel, from the second page the columns change the order and some data does not match with the column

Firts row

Inactivo Cuenta Descripción Saldo inicial Débito Crédito Cambio neto

Saldo final

From second row

Inactivo Cuenta Descripción Saldo inicial Crédito Cambio neto Saldo final Débito

Regards

Julia Gallegos

Categories:
  • RE: Export to csv change order in columns

Hi Derek,

I checked the report in Report Writer, all the headres or labels are the same size, I tried to modify the report in RW but I have the same problem, I increased the font size to 8.

Regards

Julia

Thanks Derek...

Then... Is it possible to modify the report in report writer? and in the user security assign the modified report...

But I don´t know understand why it happened a few days ago...

Julia

• Suggested answer
    RE: Export to csv change order in columns

You're actually running into a documented issue we have, which I re-created in GP 18.3 as well.

The issue is the 'Debit column in Page Header of Dynamics GP is misplaced when the Trial Balance Summary report is exported to .CSV'.

The first page shows the columns in the correct order: Inactive / Account/ Description/ Beginning Balance/ Debit / Credit/ Net Change/ Ending Balance

The second page changes the columns to be in the order: Inactive / Account/ Description/ Beginning Balance / Credit/ Net Change/ Ending Balance/ Debit.

What we've found in most cases with this issue, is that the 'Debit' text field in the report is a pixel lower than the rest of the column headers, thus causing the file to export with the 'Debit' column last instead of the intended position.

We have seen where, in Report Writer, the report can be modified so that the 'Debit' text field is vertically aligned with the other columns on the Page Header section of the report.

Right now, there aren't any planned fix to this issue in upcoming releases of Dynamics GP.

Thanks

Hi Derek,

Is the summary trial balance.

The report in screen is correct, does not change anything, the problem is when export the GP report to file, csv or txt.

Yestarday night, a user says she had a similar problem in SmartList, the columns for credit and debit were reversed, all the credits amounts  appeared in debit column and the debits amounts  appeared in credit column, but when we check again, the amounts were correct.

Regards

Julia

• Suggested answer
    RE: Export to csv change order in columns

Which trial balance is it that you're using exactly?

I can export a trial balance to a CSV file, open it in Excel and it opens fine and the columns remain the same on the subsequent pages as the first.

I also haven't heard of this issue in any support cases I've had, but that isn't to say it isn't an issue.

If you print this report to screen, it does show everything correct, right?

Thanks

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans