Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Suggested answer

Acthist <> gltran

Posted on by 285

I am experiencing an intermittent problem where the Accthist table does not equal the Gltran table. This happens periodically. The last time was 6 months ago. 

I have been able to isolate the problem down to one batch from the most recent occurance. It appears to be a problem during the posting process of the batch. In both Batch and GLtran tables there is a field that determines wether or not a batch has been posted. (Batch.status = 'P', Gltran.Posted = 'P')  In this case the batch gets posted and the Gltran.Posted is set to "P" but batch.status wasnt. Batch.status remained 'U'.(unposted) Now the batch is shown as unposted and avialable to be posted even though it has already been posted and the accthist table have been updated. It ends up getting posted again and the accounthist table gets hit twice. On the second time it gets posted the batch.Posted field gets set to "P".

The Version is 6.50.3050 which is 6.5 sp2

Nothing on customer source on any bug fixes. Any ideas on how this happens or how to prevent?

• Re: Acthist <> gltran

Darren,

It depends on what the Purchase For or Receipt For value is.  If they are choosing Non-Inventory Goods, no inventory batch will be created.  There is no overall setting that controls the creation of an inventory batch from purchasing.  Let me know what you find.

• Darren Magel Profile Picture
    Darren Magel 60 on at
    Re: Acthist <> gltran

Hi Carolyn,

My turn to apologize for the delay.

I do have some additional details.

All the batches are PO receipt batches that are not automatically releasing into inventory (this is something new as in the past they always released automatically. They changed something awhile back, possibly a setting, but don't remember what.

It appears to be a problem for all users.

Thanks again.

Darren

Hi Darren,

Sorry for the delay in my response.  I'm not sure what would cause the system to not update the Accthist records.  Since the last operation performed is to update the status of the batch to P, I would think that if the system is getting that far in the process, the Accthist records would be updated.  Does this happen with every batch or is it just a few batches here and there.  Is there any pattern as to when it happens?

Darren Magel 60 on at

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the response. You mention that "There could be a network interruption before the system can set the batch status to P."

This client has a "unique" network set-up and it has been my suspicion that the network is the root of the problem as I haven't had this issue with any of my other clients. After re-reading the previous posts this may be a different situation as both the batch record and the gltran record have a status of "P" but the accthist records aren't being updated at all. Sorry for the confusion. Can you shed any light on what may be causing this?

Darren

Hi Darren,

I submitted a bug for this issue however it won't be corrected for some time.  SL 2011 was just released and it was not addressed in that version.  I know Albert was using version 6.5 SP2.  I don't know if this same problem happens in version 7.0 or in SL 2011.  I could only make it happen by changing the status of a posted batch back to U.  I haven't seen that during posting, the batch posts but doesn't get set to P.  There could be a network interruption before the system can set the batch status to P.

Darren Magel 60 on at

Hi Albert,

I'm experiencing the issue. Same version Did you ever receive a resolution to this?

Darren

Hi Albert,

I have no idea when this bug would get corrected.  If you want to check back in several months through the forums on the status of the bug that is an option.  You can also open a support case to inquire about the bug and it will be a no-charge case.  It will speed up a reply if you keep the bug number handy.

• Albert Zuniga Profile Picture
    Albert Zuniga 285 on at

Carolyn,

Thanks for your response. Is there any way a can follow up with the development staff in case they find a solution? Is that something that will be communicated via customer source?

• Suggested answer

Hello Albert,

I have submitted bug number 22995 to bring this issue to the attention of our develoment staff.  Please let me know if you have additional questions on this topic.

Hello Albert,

The updating of the batch status to P is one of the last steps in the posting process.  So there could have been an interruption in the process and the system never got to the step where it updates the batch status to P.  

I ran a test on a U status batch where I had updated the Posted field in GLtran to P.  I then ran the posting process and the batch did update the account balance anyways.  I would think that if the Posted field in GLtran is a P, the posting process should return an error.  I will submit a bug to development on this issue and will update you with the bug number.  I can't say when a correction in the program might occur as bugs are addressed in order of priority and this situation isn't one that we see very often.  I agree that it challenges the integrity of your database and will assign the bug the highest severity that I can.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,513 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans