Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

vendor no selection on to sales line

Posted on by 14
Hello, There is a need for providing vendor no selection on to sales line. and once the user selects the vendor no for a specific sales line of Item type then the PO will get created for that item. 1. Suppose there are two item A & B and vendor Selected are X and Y respectively then on creation of PO, we will obtain 2 POs for vendor X and Y. We can take help of Requisition lines. The process becomes easy in the way. but the client wants to perform vendor selection onto sales line. 2. Additionally, another feature it should have is that for the same item no, you can select different vendors. Ex- for item A of qty.1, select vendor A and for item A of qty.1, select vendor B. How to customize this? I came up with a solution by providing a vendor selection column on sales line. When user changes the vendor on sales lines then I change the vendor no. for that item on the master item table. My solution works fine for point 1. But for Second point, it won't work as the vendor will get overwritten. The solution i came up with is not efficient, so can anyone help me improve it or provide another approach or solution to this.
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 64,374 Super User on at
    vendor no selection on to sales line
    I think using Special Order can solve the problem. This will not refer to the Vendor No. on the Item card, but Get the Sales order from the Purchase Order.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    ZHU

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans