Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

Notification Entry Dispatcher (an issue or normal behavior?)

Posted on by 47

Hi community,

I have a client that uses Purchase Order Approval Workflow to process purchase documents. Users are all setup to receive notifications via email. 

My question is more of a validation with the BC experts. I have set up a Job Queue Entry for the object ID 1509 Notification Entry Dispatcher. Its scheduled to run everyday at 12 PM. I noticed that the system itself is also creating additional job queue entries for the same object 1509 Notification Entry Dispatcher. The difference is that its created every time a user has either sent an approval request, or approved a document and it needs to go to the next approver. Once this job is processed based on the "Notification Schedule" set up in Approval User Setup page, the entry is automatically deleted. 

What I fail to understand is, do I even need to create a job queue entry in addition to what the system automatically generates? Talking to a few experts, they think that the job queue entry that I create should be the only entry in the list and every notification should be processed through that - but it does not seem to be the case here. 

Any ideas on how this particular job functions and whether my setup is right?

Thanks,
Asfand Yar

Categories:
  • Asfand Yar Profile Picture
    Asfand Yar 47 on at
    RE: Notification Entry Dispatcher (an issue or normal behavior?)

Hi Daniele,

My apologies to be direct but this looks so much like a response generated by AI. Any chance it is true?

• DAnny3211 Profile Picture
    DAnny3211 9,217 Moderator on at

hi

it seems like the system is automatically creating job queue entries for the Notification Entry Dispatcher whenever a user sends an approval request or approves a document. These entries are created based on the Notification Schedule set up in the Approval User Setup page and are automatically deleted once they are processed.

In this case, it may not be necessary for you to create an additional job queue entry for the Notification Entry Dispatcher. The system-generated entries should be sufficient to handle the notifications for the Purchase Order Approval Workflow.

However, it's always a good idea to test your setup thoroughly to ensure that notifications are being sent and processed correctly. You may want to test different scenarios, such as sending a purchase order approval request and approving a document, to confirm that notifications are being sent to the appropriate users and that they are able to approve the document.

If you find that notifications are not being sent or processed correctly, you may need to adjust your job queue entry or review the Notification Schedule in the Approval User Setup page to ensure that it is set up correctly.

Overall, it's important to understand how the Notification Entry Dispatcher works and to test your setup to ensure that notifications are being sent and processed correctly. If you have any further questions or concerns, it may be helpful to consult with a BC expert or refer to the BC documentation for more information.

DAniele

• Verified answer
    Marco Mels Profile Picture
    Marco Mels on at

Hello,

yes, the system will create the job queue automatically and delete them when done. There is no need to create an additional one.

Thank you.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,556 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,625 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates