Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

Local Currency Other than USD - $ Showing Instead of LCY Symbol

Posted on by 31
Variation of this questions has surfaced in this forum before but has not been answered:

Using the latest version of Business Central Cloud - US Version

If we create a brand new company and in General Ledger Setup set the LCY code, and symbol to something other than dollars lets say EUR â‚¬

It appears that all the captions still will default to the us dollar sign $ - When you drill down into the code, it appears that any time a table field contains the value (LCY) within the caption, for example "Sales (LCY)" at some point, the (LCY) is being replaced with a $, regardless of what the LCY is actually set to 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - Cant figure out at what level this replacement is taking place

• Verified answer
    Andy Wingate Profile Picture
    Andy Wingate 316 on at
    Hi 

Looking at the base app code - I found a number of examples of these simply as caption translations - leads me to believe all the instances of captions that show ($) and not (LCY) and translation based in the base app and not affected by the User Language selection. (as changing the language to any language has no impact on column headers on the Cust List page for example)

So no quick fix for this unless MSFT reverse the translations in the US localisation...! I would assume purchasing another prod environment to run a GB instance would be overkill  

Finally you could create your own translation pack... ahem.. I did the 1st col for you here.. :)

Ok did the rest on this page and started on the fact box too..

Here is the app to get you started.. https://github.com/andywingate/Language-LCY

It would simply be a case of adding captions in the page extensions to correct any captions where you see the ($).

Hope this helps!
  • Suggested answer
    Andy Wingate Profile Picture
    Andy Wingate 316 on at
    Hi,

This is an interesting one and posted before like you said; here is what I am seeing from a US sandbox:

Settings:

Expected impact on system: 

But in many other places in the system do still show the ($) where in a GB system it just shows as (LCY).. which is very odd

Setting the language made no difference 

I'll have a look in the base app to try and see where this caption is being re-written. 

Cheers
    Andy

• Yahya Al-Zahabi Profile Picture
    Yahya Al-Zahabi 11 on at
    Hi,

The dollar sign symbols its used as guide to know the label or the textbox its currency focused and does not affect the functionality of the system.

Even if you change the local currency symbol in the "General Ledger Setup" it will still show ($).

If you change the "Language" in the "My Settings" to "English (United States)" it will show as "LCY" not "$".

Try it and let know.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans